Home Insurance Europe
Comprehensive cover for historic buildings, holiday villas, contents and fine art.
Our European Property and Contents cover:
- A single insurance policy to cover multiple properties, and their contents, including high-value items
- Broad levels of cover and fewer exclusions than equivalent European policies
- Insurance policies are renewable annually and clients have the flexibility to cancel at any time.
- We are an insurance broker and compare suitable insurers and their policies within the market to find the right cover for the you.
- We work solely on your behalf and we help secure swift settlement should a claim arise.
Historic Property in Europe
The classification and protection of heritage assets in Europe varies from one country to another, from Protected Structures in Ireland to Listed buildings in Sweden and Monument Historique in France. In all their shapes and forms the formal legal designation of a historic building by national government means that there are responsibilities on private owners to maintain the character of the building and preserve it for future generations.
Building costs for repair or reinstatement are usually much higher for historic buildings than standard buildings because they usually require specialist materials, builders and craftspeople. This is particularly true for any protected buildings, where you have an additional legal obligation to maintain and protect the architectural heritage.
It is important that Historic Buildings are not Under-Insured
It is important not to under-insure a historic property by undervaluing the re-build costs.
Historic buildings are almost always more expensive to repair or reinstate than standard buildings and the re-build value you give to your insurer needs to be as accurate as possible. If you inadvertently underinsure a building the insurer is entitled to reduce the claims settlement proportionately which means that in the event of a claim the full cost of reinstatement or repair will not be covered.
How can Castleacre help you insure European Heritage Property?
- We understand the particular risks associated with heritage property and have extensive experience in providing tailored insurance to cover those risks.
- We can help you find a specialist valuer to ensure you have an accurate rebuild value that reflects the special architectural value of your home.
- We offer broad levels of cover and fewer exclusions than equivalent European policies and we only recommend insurers who have a good reputation for handling claims well.
- Our Insurance policies are renewable annually and clients have the flexibility to cancel at any time.
- We offer comprehensive support in the event of a claim and work on your behalf to secure swift settlement